Are you a new owner of a Glamy Wigs product and want to make sure you're taking good care of it? This article will provide you with tips for handling natural hair systems to ensure that your wig stays in great condition.
Glamy Wigs systems are incredibly similar to natural hair and offer a clean and polished appearance for several weeks. However, they require more thorough maintenance than natural hair. To ensure that you don't shorten the lifespan of your wig, it's important to avoid making the following mistakes:
- Combing your hair immediately after washing it or not holding the base. Doing this can break the hair's structure and cause damage or even hair loss due to strong mechanical impact.
- Washing the product incorrectly. Although some sources recommend washing the wig in a basin of water, leaving it for a while, or rubbing it at the base, we don't recommend following this advice.
- Wearing the system for extended periods without taking it off. While you can wear a wig every day, it's important to take a break from it. Try to take it off at night and while showering to preserve the look of the hair and styling.
- Lightening or coloring the hair. While it's okay to tone the product at home, it's better to seek the help of professionals for more serious procedures.
Here are some tips for properly caring for your Glamy Wigs system:
- Clean your wig as soon as it gets dirty since it stays clean longer than natural hair. We recommend washing it no more than 1-2 times a month. When selecting a shampoo, look for one with a neutral pH to prevent hair tangling while combing.
- Use cool water, no more than 37 degrees Celsius, to wash your wig.
- When washing your wig, apply shampoo over the entire length of the hair from top to bottom and be gentle.
- After applying conditioner or mask, leave it on for 15-30 minutes. We recommend using Concept's "Bio-Keratin Laminage Gel" (Biokeratin gel).
- After washing your wig, wrap it in a towel to absorb any remaining moisture. It's best to let it dry naturally or use a hairdryer only in cold mode.
- Once the wig is dry, use a hair extension comb without round balls at the end to comb it. To make combing easier, you can use sprays or oils for additional care. Always hold the strands at the base to avoid damaging the hair.
- If you want to style your wig, use a curling iron or straightener and remember to use thermal protection. Use a fixing polish like Schwarzkopf's "Super Strong Hold Laque" or "Silhouette Invisible Hold" to help your style last longer.
- If you want to color your wig, we recommend that you seek the help of a professional. However, if you're doing it yourself, use a dye with no more than 3-6% oxide or tint balms.
Taking care of your Glamy Wigs system is crucial to maintain its softness, obedience, and well-groomed appearance for an extended period. Make sure to follow the instructions provided in the handout received at the time of purchase and save it for future reference. If you encounter any difficulties, don't hesitate to contact our managers for assistance.